Friday, March 4, 2011

New Friday Topic(s)!



I thought it might be fun to make Fridays dictionary and thesaurus days. So each Friday going foward I will alternate between fun new words and thesaurus responses for commonly overused words. It will look something like this:

Dictionary Day

  • New word
  • Definition of new word

Thesaurus Talk

  • Overused word
  • List of replacements

Sound like fun? Let's get started today.


_____________________________________

DICTIONARY DAY

NEW WORD: Appropinquity

DEFINITION(S): Nearness, proximity

_____________________________________


Fun, huh? So I'll start with A and going through Z for the fun words. We'll see how I do!!

M.B.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be watching for your posts - I always love to learn new words. The thesaurus talk sounds like it will be useful, too.

    ReplyDelete