First, sorry for the delay in posts. I had family over for an extended trip, which basically meant no blogging, no writing, and a disaster for a house!
So this is how I pushed through, and as it worked I thought I would share.
- Write out a plot paragraph for your entire novel, including the ending.
- Read through what you have already written—meaning the MS. Make/add notes anywhere the plot drifts from that plot paragraph.
- Once you reach the point where you are stuck, push through a page or two, keeping with the plot paragraph, and writing “as if” you have already fixed the earlier plot issues.
- Give yourself plot points for the rest of the MS. Detail the reversal, climax, and ending.
- Smile at yourself when you crank out 14 pages in one day!! Yes I did!
I am so relieved I could scream in excitement. I hoped to have the draft complete by today, but with the delay that won’t happen. I should have it complete in a week from today though! Come back to celebrate with me next Monday.
Now tell me, how do you push through?