Friday, April 29, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
So today fellow hilarious blogger, Tyson, gave me the Stylish Blogger award. I decided to define an uncommon synonym of "stylish" to celebrate.
- I am only 5'3, 110 lbs fully clothed and soaking wet, yet many of my co-workers refer to me as "intimidating." :) This makes me laugh every time.
- I have weird knowledge of all things health and skincare.
- I am a total t-shirt and jeans girl, but am crazy particular about said t-shirt and jeans. I own every color of JCrew v-neck T available and more pairs of skinny/straight jeans than any female should ever have.
- I married my husband for many reasons, but the longer we've been together I realize how similar he is to my dad (who I adore in every way). I'm thinking that must have sub-consciously played a part.
- As a child I could sketch anything. Now, I'm lucky if I can sketch a stick figure. I guess that talent, like writing, requires consistency and practice.
- I suck at all things that require athleticism except ping-pong. I kick serious a$$ at ping-pong.
- Sometimes I wonder if thinking you suck as a writer is just part of the gig. A few weeks ago, an editor requested my first book on a Saturday, just a few short hours after I queried. The next weekend my second book became a finalist in Utah's popular RWA contest. The next weekend I was practically in tears over how bad both books are. Yeah, I'm mental, but surely I'm not alone here? Okay, maybe I am. :)
Now to the more interesting part of the award thing: cool bloggers.
Laura -- One of my awesome CPs "queen of plot holes"
Amanda -- Another awesome CP "queen of world-building"
Karen -- Who has received this award before, but she needs two!
Jennifer -- Who does the super interesting "creative spaces"
Margo -- Who always has great takes on all things writerly.
Kenda -- Who, like Karen, has gotten this award, but deserves two!
I'm sure I will think of others and will add them here!M.B.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011